Saturday, January 17, 2009

Roundtable - Blue & Gold

Last Thursday was our annual Blue & Gold, at roundtable. The Blue and Gold is the celebration of the anniversary of Cub Scouting. The staff was hosting this Blue and Gold. We served sloppy joes, corn, chips, carrots and dip and homemade brownies. The brownies were made by Elaine and they were awesome mint brownies. Jackie provided table decorations to the theme of "American ABC's" and Kaylene led our music which was "On My Honor", Will opened for us and Lisa led the flag ceremony. Everyone did a fantastic job, thank you so much for all your work and dedication to Scouting.


I presented, as I do, every Blue & Gold, an award / "THANK YOU" to my staff that corresponds with the theme. I found plain foam letters at the Party Palace in Pocatello. I painted the sides and insides black, decorated them with scrapbook paper, etc., and glued them to wood which I had painted black. Here are some of the pictures. I also gave them the actual gift, the "Thanks" pin with the scout emblem on it.

In case someone doesn't know, Roundtable is where adult Scout and Cub Scout leaders go to get ideas on what they can do in their own units. Such as the "thank you" I presented to my staff, it was supposed to give them a "Theme related idea" on how they could present their boys awards at pack night. The big letters of course go along with the ABC part of the theme and the tables were covered in state maps and decorated with items from 9 different states.

No comments: