Monday, July 6, 2009

Yellowstone July 4th 2009

The LAST place I wanted to be on the 4th of July. Yellowstone! It just happened to be the first day I could come home from Greybull. To make the very best of it, I decided to stop at the canyon on the way home and take a few hikes. The North Rim trails are for the most part totally redone.
This is West Gate on the way over. Boy was I dreading coming home!

"Oh Give Me A Home Where The Buffalo Roam..."

I love Yellowstone, I feel very at home there. I really like going through the Park alone. I can stop where ever I want and stay as long as I want.


A view of Upper Falls from the South Rim.

The view down the canyon from the Upper Falls!

The Brink of the Lower Falls.

Lower Falls, from the North Rim. Look close at the bottom of the photo you can see Red Rock Trail.
Even though Yellowstone is terribly crowded on the 4th, I really enjoyed every foot step of my hikes and every breath of fresh air, every chirp of the little critters, the sight of all those fisherman, the rushing sound of all that spring run off.

1 comment:

tash said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Yellowstone!