The banks of the Big Horn River are full to the brim.

The Big Horn flows north. The bluffs are really pretty. Behind me is the dike which separates the river from the town. I'm standing at the City Park and four tiny blocks further behind me is my brother's house. It smells soooo good with all the Russian Olive trees everywhere.

This is my grandparents, John & Katie Martin's house. It is located right behind the post office and was built in the 1800's and first used as a hospital. My Grandpa was a carpenter and did a lot of remodeling on the house. After my
Grandma died, my mom lived there and now my oldest brother and his wife live there.To the right is the post office. I loved going in there as a kid because it was so cool looking and smelled old. For years and years my Uncle Hugh Reilly took care of the grounds and ever since he stopped they have never look as pretty and those bushes out front really need to be restructured.

This is about half of our "Main Street". There is ONE stop light in town and many bars. Ha Ha Ha. The first building you see on the left, is haunted. My best friend, Machell, used to have weird things happen when she worked there making donuts in the early morning hours.

The Probst Western Store is the only business that has remained virtually unchanged since I was a kid. The Cafe that is across the street from it has changed ownership a few times and names but it is still a cafe. And the bank that is across the street from Probst, to the right, was built when I was a kid but has changed names a few times. The picture on the right was taken July 2nd, 2009, but you would never know it, with the two vehicles sitting out front. I thought that was funny.

The airport on the top of the hill coming in from the West used to be Hawkins and Powers, they collected and restored all of these old planes and converted them to slurry bombers for forest fire fighting. Also, one of their planes was used in the movie "Always". Now the place is owned by another company.

This is a view from airport hill into Greybull. All three main roads into Greybull drop down, Greybull sits in a hole.

Shell, is a small, SMALL, town 15 miles to the East of Greybull and is one of my most favorite places. If I could live there, or just east of there, I would. It's at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains.

The Old Shell Lodge, I once knew it as the old Shell Store. My dad used to buy me fudge cycles there. Yummy!
To the left is a photo of the Martin Family's old homestead, where my mom and her sister were raised. I think it's some of the most beautiful property, anywhere. 







1 comment:
I can't wait for our trip!!!! I don't think I can wait until Sept.
Post a Comment