Virginia Cascade Falls
Last weekend, I went back over to Greybull to take Mike, some fresh caught salmon. My brother in law, Brent, came back from another week long fishing trip with another 7 salmon at least 30-36 inches. He gave one to my brother and Brent cut the fish into two long filets to fit in the cooler and vacuum packed it. Jim got the big cooler out of the storage shed and we loaded the fish up with 5 bags of ice and off to Greybull I went with at least 7 pounds of gorgeous salmon. I called my friend Barb (soooo last min) to see if she wanted to ride over and back with me. So, off we went at 4:00pm Friday afternoon. We had to drive like the wind to make it to Mike's house by 10:15pm. Mike was happy that I drove it, but thought it would have been better if I mailed it. I told him, of course, that NOTHING was too much trouble for my little brother. Since Barb came, I didn't sleep on Mike's couch, we stayed at my friend, Rachel's motel, probably the nicest one in my tiny town (HA HA). Shell Falls
The next morning,
Barb and I decided to drive up on the Big Horns to see her ex-brother-in-law, who recently became STUCK as the new owner of the Passage Resort (old Blue Spruce). We had a nice visit with Gary and Debby Bodily and then went back to Greybull to see Mike, and Dave and Sharon briefly, before heading back home.
We saw the Moose I had seen the previous weekend right in her spot, between the East Entrance to Yellowstone and Pahaska Tee-Pee. I couldn't see her baby this time though, I hope it was just laying down and hadn't been eaten by a grizzly. Then we stopped at the canyon and walked to a couple of the overlooks and saw an eagles nest perched on top of a pointed ridge out inside the canyon. I called that ridge a canyon wall inside the canyon walls.
I took this picture the first time I was there this year and didn't even notice the nest on the peak.
The nest had two babies in it, or maybe the dad and one baby.
The other Eagles nest over by the West Entrance also had a baby in it.
Eagles nest near West Entrance











No comments:
Post a Comment