It's APRIL FOOLS day, right? How's this for a great joke?One of our most valued, and trusted employees was returning to work today for the first time after a few weeks of being off from work.
Loni called him in this morning to help us haul the equipment over to the old Ernst building for our home show that we are participating in. He lives out of town a little ways so he said he would be in, in about 30 min. Chuck takes a phone call on the office cell phone. He doesn't say much, but acts confused and hands the phone to me. Vern is on the other end and says, "I've been in an accident, what do you want me to do"? "You WHAT!?!", I asked, and continued "Yeah, right!". realizing that it was the famous practical joke day.
Vern is pretty straight faced and it's hard to know when he's being serious, and he's not a big conversationalist. Several people knew we were calling him into work, so I knew he could have been talking to anyone of them and working out a plan to mess with our minds.
To make this long story short, I asked him bunch of questions trying to see if he would give in and say "April Fools". Well, it wouldn't work. So I told him everything he needed to do as if he were being truthful, then told him I was going to kick his butt when he got to the office.
When he finally arrived, this is what we saw.

And, THIS!
You know, I would have preferred the April Fools Joke. To top everything off, Vern handed me the "information exchange form" that the officer writes out, and it was written up indicating that Vern was the cause of the accident. So I called the police and they had Officer Guymon, call me. I told him what he did and he didn't believe me at first. I told him I realized it was April Fools Day and all but that this was not a funny joke. He laughed.Would you call this a, "reverse, April Fools" joke?







No comments:
Post a Comment