Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

GENERAL CONFERENCE 10/2008


Jim and I were lucky enough to get conference tickets this time. Our Bishop offered them to Jim and we were happy to accept. Jim had NEVER been inside the conference center so he had a good time. Luckily I was able to go with Barb in April and so I knew the RULES. And this time I brought shoes that were comfortable and that were a pair. Last time in my hurry to get ready and it being dark and all, I took two of the same shoe so I had to walk around the whole day in high heals, sad mistake! I ended up taking my shoes off on the way back to the Hilton and walking in my stocking feet. This time I was so prepared I had even brought my umbrella which we needed. We walked from the Marriott in the rain. We were in our seats by 8:10am, and we both barely slept the night before so the pictures of Jim are him as a tired boy.



By the time we got out after Sundays first session, it was sunny and nice. I couldn't resist a couple pics of the temple and just look back at the conference center at 12:30 the people are still pouring out. We sat on Temple Square and ate our snacks before second session, it was very enjoyable.


This is my favorite display in the visitor center. It is of Jerusalem 33 AD. It shows all the key areas, such as the high-lighted spot on the hill behind the temple in the "garden" and talks about each spot as it is pin-pointed with a pinspot.








We watched the second session that day from the tabernacle because if we would have gone back to the hotel we would both have slept through it, we were soooo tired.
I love the old tabernacle, it smells old. They of course made many improvements to make is safer and
more comfortable. They still left some of the old benches in with the new benches

Look here at sleepy Jim. He finally had to get up and walk around and take some pictures. If we would have gone straight to the standby line we would have got in to the last session. There were hardly any people watching from here.


After we got home, Jim's sister Linda called us and had us come over to her house. Her daughter Lesley was home from Denver to pick up her old little dog Edison or "Eddy" as we all call him. He was adopted by Lesley a while back and now that she has a new apartment she is taking Eddy back to live with her. Eddy gets to fly home to Denver.


Lesley Williams and "Eddy"
Linda fixed us snacks and we played games.

No comments: