Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Erica's creation


Erica has always had a fascination with fancy or pretty or unusual food!

Erica Conan- MY SUPER TALENTED NIECE!

Last night Erica sent me a text to find out if she could bake a cake in a stainless steel bowl. "Sure", I told her, and asked what she was up to now because she is a very creative cook. She said she wasn't entirely sure at the moment but she was working on something. So I told her to be sure and send me a picture when she was done.

I will now share her creation with you:
what could this be....hummmm......


From Gum Paste she made, bones, cranberries, orange slices, and broccoli.

A beautiful thanksgiving day bird, stuffed and fluffed! If you look close, she even got the detail on the skin and it actually looks basted. The stuffing and the legs are made from two different colors of cup cakes that she cubed up. I would love to be there when she cuts into it. It would be awesome fun to eat. GREAT JOB, ERICA!

3 comments:

Wendlelyn said...

WOW!!! I'm impressed, that's really cool.

tash said...

That is really cool! I was excited about my bundt pans, but she did that from scratch...amazing!

Justin and Kristin said...

Wait!! What!?!? This is a CAKE!?!?!?!? She's the next Martha Stewart!!